The Casa de Mateus takes up the traditional and famous International Music Courses that since 1978 are among the most celebrated Baroque Music festivals in Europe. The courses, concerts and conferences take place in the magical atmosphere of one of the most beautiful eighteenth-century palaces in Portugal. This edition brings great names among renowned teachers from previous editions as well as alumni, today with brilliant international careers.
(to download the poster, click here)
(to download the press ad of the Gramophone magzine, click here)
Keynote speaker: Rui Vieira Nery
Artistic Direction: Ricardo Bernardes
Pedagogical direction: António Carrilho
- Instrument or voice
- Chamber music
- Instrumental Ensemble
- Vocal Ensemble
Period: 12-18 August 2018
- María Cristina Kiehr – [ES, DE, EN] voice, early music (intermediate and advanced levels).
- Enrico Gatti – [IT, EN, ES] baroque violin (advanced level).
- Jacques Ogg [NL, PT, DE, ES, FR, EN]– harpsichord (advanced level).
- António Carrilho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NL, NO, IT]– recorder (intermediate and advanced levels).
- Patxi Montero [ES, IT, EN, FR, DE]– viola da gamba, violone and double bass (intermediate and advanced levels).
- Helena Marinho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NO]– fortepiano and chamber music (intermediate and advanced levels – open to pianists and harpsichordists).
- Raquel Cravino [PT, ES, EN]– baroque violin and baroque repertoire adapted to the modern violin (secondary and intermediate levels).
- Michio Ohara [JP, PT, DE, EN]– accompaniment on harpsichord and fortepiano.
- Ricardo Bernardes [PT, EN, IT, ES, FR] – vocal ensemble and Marcio Soares Holanda [PT, FR, EN, ES, IT] – vocal ensemble technical preparation.
Investment: € 480 per student (course only) for registration until May 31, 2018 and € 550 after this date. € 120 per listener.
Classes: 6 to 10 students per teacher, except for general practices.
Pre-registration: When completing and submitting the application form, students must attach files with their CV (on PDF) and a good quality audio or video recording. (on mp3 or mp4). After, the students will receive information to transfer € 75 for reservation of vacancy. Non-refundable in case of withdrawal by the student.
Confirmation of registration: each course will only be confirmed with a minimum of 6 students accepted. Once the course is confirmed the student will receive an email with the information about the remaining amount to be paid for the completion of registration. If 6 students are not confirmed until July 16, 2018, the course is canceled and the pre-registration amount returned to enrolled students.
Student accommodation: The organization offers limited spaces for accommodation on the premises of Mateus for € 75 per day, with meals included, or offers assistance to students who want alternative accommodation and food.
Lunch at the Palace of Mateus: 6 lunches for a total of 90 € (main course, drink, dessert and coffee). To be paid upon confirmation of registration.
Registration, click here.