The Casa de Mateus takes up the traditional and famous International Music Courses that since 1978 are among the most celebrated Baroque Music festivals in Europe. The courses, concerts and conferences take place in the magical atmosphere of one of the most beautiful eighteenth-century palaces in Portugal. This edition brings great names among renowned teachers from previous editions as well as alumni, today with brilliant international careers.
(to download the poster, click here)
(to download the press ad of the Gramophone magzine, click here)
Keynote speaker: Rui Vieira Nery
Artistic Direction: Ricardo Bernardes
Pedagogical direction: António Carrilho
- Instrument or voice
- Chamber music
- Instrumental Ensemble
- Vocal Ensemble
Period: 12-18 August 2018
- María Cristina Kiehr – [ES, DE, EN] voice, early music.
- Enrico Gatti – [IT, EN, ES] baroque violin.
- Jacques Ogg [NL, PT, DE, ES, FR, EN] harpsichord.
- António Carrilho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NL, NO, IT] recorder.
- Patxi Montero [ES, IT, EN, FR, DE] viola da gamba, violone and double bass.
- Helena Marinho [PT, ES, FR, EN, NO] fortepiano (open to pianists and harpsichordists).
- Raquel Cravino [PT, ES, EN] baroque violin and baroque repertoire adapted to the modern violin.
- Michio Ohara [JP, PT, DE, EN] accompaniment on harpsichord and fortepiano.
- Ricardo Bernardes [PT, EN, IT, ES, FR] vocal ensemble and Marcio Soares Holanda [PT, FR, EN, ES, IT] vocal ensemble technical preparation.
Investment: € 480 per student (course only) for registration. € 120 per listener.
Classes: 6 to 10 students, per teacher, except for general practices.
Registration: When completing and submitting the application form, students must attach files with their CV (on PDF) and a good quality audio or video recording. (on mp3 or mp4). After, the students will receive an email with information to complete their application.
Confirmation of registration: each course will only be confirmed with a minimum of 6 students accepted. If 6 students are not confirmed until July 16, 2018, the course is canceled and the amount returned to enrolled students.
Accommodation and Transportation
The XXVIII International Courses of Casa de Mateus have a protocol with the “University Residence – Codessais” of the University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro – UTAD, with DAILY fees according to the values below, plus VAT:
€ 15/1º night and € 10/2º night and following, per person, in a double or triple room;
€ 8/night per person in multiple rooms
If the student has interest in this accomodations, we should be informed in order to book the room. The payment should be made at the check-in, in the Residence.
Transportation options will be given from Vila Real downtown and from the University Residence to Mateus in order to facilitate the students to move around. Downtown Vila Real is 4,5 km from Mateus Palace.
Lunch at the Palace of Mateus: 6 lunches x € 15, for a total of € 90 (main course, drink, dessert and coffee). To be paid upon confirmation of registration.
Economic meals near the Palace
In addition to the lunches in the Palace, there is the “Palácio Snack-Bar” restaurant that offers menus at € 7.50, with prior reservation, as well as, “Vinhos e Tretas”, that offers sandwiches and other options.
Registration, click here.